Monday 26 October 2015

♥ Snowflakes On Silver Cove - Holly Martin || Review #bookoturexmas

Libby Joseph is famous for her romantic Christmas stories. Every December, readers devour her books of falling in love against the magical backdrop of the Christmas season. If only Libby believed in the magic herself…

Struggling to finish her current novel, Libby turns to her best friend and neighbour George Donaldson to cheer her up. But George also needs a bit of support himself. Nervous about getting back into the dating saddle after splitting from his wife, he and Libby strike a deal. She will teach George how to win over the ladies, and Libby will in turn be inspired to inject her novel with a good dose of romance.

As Libby and George explore the beautiful White Cliff Bay on a series of romantic Christmas-themed dates, Libby finds herself having more fun than she’s had in ages and…discovers feelings that she never knew she had for George.

But is it too late? Will George win someone else’s heart or can Libby act like the heroine in one of her stories and reach for her own love under the mistletoe this Christmas?

Snuggle up with a piece of Christmas cake and mulled wine, and spend the festive season at White Cliff Bay. You won’t want to leave! Christmas at Lilac Cottage also out now




Libby has writers block, it's not something she ever gets but now on her latest novel nothing is working, so she sets out on a mission to get inspiration

Inspiration comes in the form if her best friend george, to Libby he is perfect, one thing; he hasn't dated in years and when the drop dead gorgeous giselle moves in Libby and George combine ideas and date each other, Libby to get her inspiration on romance and love and george to figure out what women want.

As winter sets in and the countdown to Christmas begins we follow the pair as they battle the changing emotions and the turbulence of friendship in a small community

This book is the perfect countdown to Christmas it's full of laughter, love and some wonderful curries. Libby is a girl after my own heart, a little quirky and full of adventure. George is her perfect partner wrapped up as a best friend but will she ever see past that?

Fantastic heart warming read that had me longing for winter evenings watching films with popcorn and cuddles


I live in sunny Bedfordshire in a house with round windows. I studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of my colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years service was the moment when I knew I had to escape. I quit my job and returned to university to train to be a teacher. Three years later, I emerged wide eyed and terrified that I now had responsibility for the development of thirty young minds. I taught for four years before History Off The Page came to my school to do a Tudor day. I now drive round the country in my little white van, dressing up as a Viking one day and an Egyptian High Priestess the next.

I love to write. The characters do exactly what I want them to do, most of the time. Sometimes they do seem to go off and do their own thing without my permission. It is complete escapism into a world where I have full control.

I've been writing for four years now, every spare second I have, I'm scribbling ideas in a notebook or typing a scene on my laptop. I have written three romantic fiction books. Changing Casanova and The Chainsaw Masquerade were recently shortlisted for the Festival of Romance New Talent Award. My short story, One Hundred Proposals, won the Belinda Jones Travel Club short story competition and was published in the Sunlounger anthology.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top